This week Ewan's back on the road and tests the new 361 mobile recording setup. The team reflect the state of their smarthomes, it's not good... at all.
The team discuss the various smarthome systems they use, the changes made since last season and how their attitude to setting up smart-home tech has changed over time. Reliability's certainly been a problem, but have new standards like Matter improved things?
Rafe also has a bird-shaped surprise or two for the team.
Listener questions this week:
- What do you use for USB-C charing when traveling?
- Do you have any smarthome cameras and would you recommend them?
- What smarthome platform have you chosen to use and why?
- Do you use any long-range smarthome devices?
- Mu folding travel chargers
- Aqara smarthome devices
- Asus Mesh WiFi (Zen XT9)
- Home Assistant
- Philips Hue
- Lightwave smart switches and plugs
- Bird Buddy smart and connected bird feeder
- Arlo smart wireless cameras
- Ikea smarthome devices
- Awair air quality sensors
- Amazon air quality sensor
- Aqara FP2 presence sensor (mmWave)
- Matter smarthome standard