This week the team talk about money, finance, 'fintech' stuff and the products we use:
Rafe's been using 'helpful' tools including HM Revenue and Customs' app to manage his tax and NS&I's app to check for Premium Bond wins. He's also tried the 'green' debit card Tred.
Ewan's also been big on Open Banking for money management trying Plum to setup rules and games to encourage saving. [Rafe says "also look at similar apps like Emma and Snoop"].
Ben still uses You Need a Budget and virtual debit cards from Monzo. He's also using Monzo's built-in 'round-up' feature to save 'passively'. He's also using Chip which offers a (sort of) savings product marketplace.
The team wonder where 'the Monzo of credit cards' is and question if 'buy now, pay later' is the same thing, talk about mortgages for a bit, and consider if 'packaged bank accounts' are popular again.Support 361 Podcast
- HM Revenue & Customs app
- National Savings & Investment app
- Emma - Money management app
- Snoop - Money management app
- Tred - Carbon offset debit card
- Monzo Bank
- Starling Bank
- Plum - Money management
- You Need a Budget - Money management app
- Chip - Money management and savings app
- MoneySavingExpert - UK-based consumer finance advice
- Interactive Investor - Savings and investment platform
- Klarna - Buy now, pay later provider
- Habito - Online mortgage broker
- Revolut Ultra - Premium packaged product